We are very excited to be the first salon to introduce to Galway and the West of Ireland the treatment that had been called “the surgeons worst nightmare” the Plasma Pen!
What is Plasma Pen?
The Plasma Pen causes an instant contraction and tightening of the skin fibres. This then causes shortening and tightening of the skins surface, resulting in the reduction of any excess skin. The final result is an improvement of the firmness and tension of the skin. This has a major lifting effect on the areas treated. Since Plasma energy affects the deeper dermal layers, the result is a lifted contour, a decrease in deep wrinkles plus thicker and firmer skin.
The Plasma Lift Treatment
The Plasma Pen is a medical grade device which emits a small electrical arc from the tip of the pen without actually touching the skin. This plasma arc vaporises the skin giving an immediate tightening affect to the surrounding skin. These small points form scabs that drop off over the following week post treatment, revealing a smoother and tighter skin. It is suitable for lines and wrinkles, loose skin, scars, skin rejuvenation lip enhancement, skin tags, and pigmentation.
Are you are considering any line reduction treatment, perhaps an eye lid lift? Maybe Botox or fillers, skin tightening or a neck lift, but don’t want to go under the knife or needle? Are you are worried about loose skin on any area of the body even your earlobes, then this is the treatment for you!
Although completely non-invasive, you still need to expect a few days of down time after the treatment as the skin will need to heal and rejuvenate. There are some contra-indications that we can discuss during the consultation.
The treatment itself is really straight forward. To ensure it is as comfortable for you as possible, a local anaesthetic cream is applied 30 – 40 mins before commencing the procedure. You can expect a small degree of swelling when treating the eye area, which will go down within 3 or 4 days. Tiny, circular scabs form at each treatment point that take about 3 days to start falling away, but will take about a week to completely clear. We will give you aftercare to minimise infection risk. Once the skin has healed you will be left with a more youthful, brand new baby skin that is radiant.
The big question I am asked is, “How many treatments will I need?” This is where it gets really exciting!
The results from this treatment are permanent, so usually a single treatment is enough to achieve the results you want. However, if you do want a stronger result then we can repeat the procedure after around 2-3 months. Because of its permanency you will only need to repeat it if required further down the line as we genetically age.
The results last for years.
Plasma Pen or Fibroblasting as it is also known, produces excellent results for any area of the body, particularly the face and neck regions. It is important for anyone considering fibroblasting treatment to carefully review the Plasma Pen contraindications, Plasma Pen Aftercare Instructions, risks, and skin types that can be safely treated.
The Plasma Pen treatment works on all the following areas.
- Crow’s feet around eyes
- Eyelid lifting
- Under eye lines
- Bags under eyes and hooding in eyelids
- Bunny lines (lines on the corners of the nose)
- Forehead lines
- Jowl / jawline tightening
- Marionette lines– The creases or folds that run vertically from the corners of the mouth down to the chin
- Nasal labial folds / smile lines– The folds that run from the sides of your nose down to the edge of your mouth
- Necklines, turkey neck
- Smoker’s lines– those vertical wrinkles also known as lipstick lines around the mouth
- Lip Flip treatment(lip enhancement)
- Accordion lines– the lines that form outside of the mouth when you smile
- Acne scars– improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks and scars
- Breast lifting
- Earlobes and loose skin around the ears
- Temple lifting/sculpting(hollow temples)
- Non surgical Nose sculpting (lift the tip of the nose)
- Loose skin anywhere on the body.
If you are wondering if Plasma Pen would be a suitable treatment for you and are interested in setting up a consultation, please contact the salon and we would be delighted to assist you.
This treatment really is cutting edge and delivers results similar to cosmetic surgery without the risk, cost and downtime.
Prices are available on request.
- Active tan
- Accutane or Isotretinoin use within 12 months
- Acne-grade 3 or above or clients undergoing acne treatment
- Anti-coagulant drugs such as Aspirin, Warfarin
- Cystic Acne -avoid area
- Pustular acne that is red and irritated -avoid area
- Blood disorders
- Botox and filler treatment (leave 14 days)- best done before filers
- Diabetes/Insulin Dependent (Type 2 is fine)
- Heart disease -Angina, pacemaker
- Herpes Simplex - active (inactive-take Zovirax)
- Immunosuppressive diseases- AIDS or HIV
- Immunosuppressive Medication
- Malignancy- must be dormant for 6 months with Doctor's letter
- Photo-sensitising medications/herbs such as Isotretinoin, St. John's Wort and ́ Tetracycline ́ Psoriasis or Eczema
- Recent laser treatment (on area treated)
- Skin peel treatment (leave for 14 days)
- Skin that easily scars/Keloid
- Surgery within the last 6 months (what was it for?)
- Use of Retinal and Tretinoin creams - within 3 months
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Fitzpatrick skin types 4-6
- High Blood Pressure Medication - Aspirin- (e.g. Brand names - Aspro clear
- Analgesics - Paracetamol (e.g. Nurofenaproxen Sodium ,Tramadol hydro NPanadol, Panamax, Herron) Ibuprofen (e.g. aprogesic)- Panadeine, Panadchloride (Tramal, Tramhexal)
- Sedatives -can cause anxiety, diminished sensitivity to touch, emotional instability, infection and bruising
- Accutane-may cause the skin to become overly sensitive
- Clients with allergies and sensitive skins as they can react to products or the treatment ́ If a client is on or has been treated with blood thinning medication, gold therapy or Roaccutane within the last 12 months
- Clent's who have a history of lupus, scarring, poor healing, open wounds, eczema, psoriasis, vitiligo and severe acne are not suitable for treatment
- Clients who are pregnant, breast feeding, have immune-deficient illness or another auto-immune problem
- Dark skins including a dark type 3 Fitzpatrick skin should not be treated as there is potential for the following adverse reactio and Hyperpigmentation